Another great one from:
Some blogs give you tips on what to do and what not to do. But sometimes they miss vital details, and some topics don't seem to come up much. Here are some things I've learned from blogging not by reading other people's blog tips, but by maintaining blogs of my own. Hopefully you'll learn from this post, too.
1. You need to choose a topic you know and like.
2. You need to enjoy writing.
3. You don't have to reply to every comment individually.
4. You shouldn't rely too heavily on one traffic source.
5. You shouldn't worry about a high bounce rate.
6. You don't usually get links by asking for them.
7. You don't launch a forum when you have very few readers.
8. Your posts need to be different.
9. You can waste a lot of time on social networking sites.
10. You'll meet some great people.
So... if you found that you need some more information go here: 10 things I've learned about blogging by actually doing it for the expand article! =D
What have you learned about blogging that you didn't know before you tried it?